Which Hogwarts House were you sorted into? (Tough questions for the bookish)
I am a Hufflepuff.
And I wasn’t happy about that for the first day or so. It wasn’t that I had a fixed idea of what I wanted to be – it’s just that Hufflepuff wasn’t even on my radar. In fact, it never was. I identified Hufflepuffs as meh; a non-entity. And it was shocking that I was meh-worthy.
And then I realised by meh-ness was simply a lack of knowledge on Hufflepuffs. With that in mind, I decided to learn all about who I was.*
Things I like about being in Hufflepuff:
- Quite simply, it is enormously fun to say. So. Many. F’s.
- Draco Malfoy looked down upon the house which speaks highly of it. Malfoys are idiots.
- ‘They are just and loyal / Those patient Hufflepuffs are true / And unafraid of toil.’ Yes, it all sounds a little staid but we have integrity and get stuff done. Two qualities you really want in a friend, co-worker….or dog.
- Cedric Diggory
- Nymphodora Tonks
- Newt Scamander
- Their house colour is yellow – the same colour as the sun (which we would all be dead without). And daisies…I love daisies. Also, cheese.
- Hufflepuffs don’t turn evil.
- John Green is one.
- They are awesome at growing plants. In an apocalypse situation, we go straight to the top of the friend pile.
Now I find myself quite proud of my Hufflepuff heritage.
I am trustworthy, loyal and kind. And my ‘people’ stuck with Gryffindor until the end.
* I do appreciate that I was sorted into Hufflepuff by a formula and not magic. But since Pottermore was at fault, I decided I was sorted correctly whether I liked it or not.